What is P, C13, C16, C18?
Pursuant to Circular No. 12/2015 / TT-BVHTTDL from the Minister of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism which is effected from January 1st 2017. Criteria to classify films by age are defined as follows:
P: General movie to all customers
C13: No children under 13 years old
C16: No children under 16 years old
C18: No children under 18 years old
It is appreciated that customers verify appropriate identity with the above mentioned age censorship. CGV has the right to refuse selling tickets o stop customers entering the theatre if customers fail to follow the announced terms.
How do movies get approved for release in Vietnam ?
As is the case with all theatrical releases in Vietnam, each movie release is screened through a rigorous censorship process by The Cinema Department - part of The Ministry of Culture, Sport and Travel of Vietnam - to ensure that it is suitable for public viewing. Regardless of rating, certain scenes of movies may have been asked to be modified or removed by The Cinema Department to adhere to these standards, either some movies are not approved to release in Vietnam.
How do we distinguish between movie censorship: P, C13, C16, C18?
On our promotional materials and website, when a letter "P" appears, it means Public admission and all ages are allowed. On the other hand, "C13/C16/C18" respectively indicates that Children under 13/16/18 are not allowed.
What is Sneak Show?
Sneak Shows are special showtimes available for sale before the official released date of the movie
What is Early Release?
Early Release is movie officially open for sale earlier than its announced released date
Popcorn & Concession
Is food and drinks bought outside CGV allowed in-theatre?
To ensure hygiene and safety, only food and beverage purchased at CGV can be consumed in the cinema.
Also, no smoking, chewing gum, filming, photographing, chatting and using cell phone inside the cinema.
Please keep in mind that these rules are to ensure you and other customers will experience maximum comfort while enjoying the movie.
What is butterfly popcorn?
Butterfly popcorn has a shape of wings when popped. Butterfly popcorn at CGV has two flavours: sweet and salt.
What is mushroom popcorm?
Mushroom popcorn is largely ball-shaped. Mushroom popcorn at CGV has four flavours: cheese, caramel, sweet and salt.
How many popcorn flavours are there at CGV?
There are 4 flavours: sweet, salt, cheese and caramel. You can enjoy sweet and salt flavours with either butterfly or mushroom popcorn, while cheese and caramel flavours are available for mushroom popcorn only and surcharge applied.
Can I buy concession combo online?
Yes. You can buy My Combo and CGV Combo online and receive the items at cinema. You can choose any flavour for your popcorn with online concession combo without upgrade surcharge.
How many sizes are there for popcorn and drink?
At CGV, you can choose from many sizes in concession menu:
- 3 drink sizes: Medium (16oz) - Large (22oz) - Super-large (32oz)
- 2 popcorn sizes: Medium (32 oz) and Large (44oz)
Moreover, CGV also provides concession combos for special group of customers:
- My Combo: 1 medium popcorn + 1 large drink
- CGV Combo: 1 large popcorn + 2 large drinks
- Family Combo: 2 medium popcorns + 4 large drinks
Can I upgrade the size of popcorn and drink in concession combos?
Yes. You can pay extra at box office to upgrade each concession item in a combo to a bigger size:
- My Combo: add 2,000VND to upgrade medium popcorn to large popcorn, add 2,000VND to upgrade large drink to super-large drink, or add 4,000VND to upgrade both items
- CGV Combo: add 4,000VND to upgrade 2 large drinks to 2 super-large drinks
- Family Combo: add 4,000VND to upgrade 2 medium popcorns to 2 large popcorns, add 16,000VND to upgrade 4 large drinks to 4 super-large drinks, or 20,000VND to upgrade all items.
*Note: You will need to upgrade all drinks or all popcorns there are in CGV Combo and Family Combo (cannot upgrade 1 drink in CGV Combo, or 1 popcorn in Family Combo,...)
Can I upgrade sweet/salt popcorn to cheese/caramel popcorn?
Yes. You can pay extra at box office to upgrade sweet/salt popcorn to cheese/caramel popcorn
- Upgrade sweet/salt mushroom popcorn to cheese/caramel mushroom popcorn: 15,000VND (applied for cinemas in Ha Noi and these cinemas in Ho Chi Minh City: CGV Liberty Citipoint, CGV Liberty Hoang Van Thu, CGV SC VivoCity, CGV AEON Binh Tan)
- Upgrade sweet/salt butterfly popcorn to cheese/caramel mushroom popcorn: 25,000VND (applied for other cinemas in Ho Chi Minh City)
- Upgrade sweet/salt butterfly popcorn to cheese/caramel mushroom popcorn: 20,000VND (applied for cinemas in other provinces)
Can I buy butterfly popcorn with cheese/caramel flavoured?
Unfortunately no. Cheese and caramel are flavours available for mushroom popcorn only.
What is movie combo?
Movie combo is a CGV-creative concession product inspired by a popular movie. Movie combo's price is different from traditional concession combos.
How many movie vouchers are there at CGV?
CGV issues movie vouchers as below:
- 2D Voucher
- 3D Voucher
- 4DX Voucher
- IMAX Voucher
- L'amour Voucher
- Gold Class Voucher
- Royal Voucher
- Distribution Voucher
- Honor Voucher
Can I accumulate points when I use vouchers?
Sorry but vouchers are not entitled for membership program.
Can I purchase movie tickets online using vouchers?
Yes. You can register voucher number and PIN into your membership account, and use voucher as a payment method. After being registered into membership account, you can redeem voucher using member card without phycical voucher.
Is Friday "weekday" or "weekend"?
CGV counts weekdays from Monday to Thursday, and Friday – Sunday as weekends.
What is Group Sales?
Group Sales is applied for customers who would like to purchase a large quantity of movie tickets (minimum 10 tickets). Group Sales is normally sold as vouchers, giftcards,… For more details, please contact our Group Sales Department: +84-028-3822-0333.
What is CGV gift card and its validity?
Gift cards can be used to buy movie tickets, concession items at all CGV Cinemas and online booking. You can choose from three options when buying gift cards: 300,00 VND, 500,000 VND or 1,000,000VND. You can buy gift cards at CGV box office or online with a minimum balance of 300,000VND and with one-year validity. Gift cards can be topped up to continue using and extend validity.
Can I extend my gift card's expiry date?
A giftcard can be topped up as needed and its expiry date will be extended 1 year since the last top-up.
Can I accumulate points with giftcard?
- Yes, if you pay with gift card and show your membership card at CGV box office, or save points automatically when booking online.
- No, if you buy or top up gift card.
Can I purchase movie tickets online using gift card?
Yes. You can register gift card number and PIN into your membership account, and use gift card as a payment method. After being registered into membership account, you can redeem gift card using member card without phycical gift card.
What if there is remanining balance when my gift card expires?
Unfortunately the remaining balance will be deleted once the gift card expires.
Can CGV issue red invoice for me when buying gift card(s)?
Unfortunately we don't issue red invoice for any transaction at CGV.
What is CGV membership program?
The CGV membership program is designed to bring CGV’s loyal customers an array of special offers, resulting in once-in-a-lifetime experience that is both enriching and meaningful.
With CGV membership you can:
- Book movie tickets online
- Get free movie ticket/concession combo on your birthday
- Enjoy special offers and discounts
- Receive our weekly movie newsletter with the latest news of what’s going on at CGV Cinemas, all delivered straight to your email inbox.
- Share your opinions of movies you love on CGV website
- Connect to the greater movie-lover community.
What is the CGV Membership card used for ?
CGV membership card can be used to:
- Collect and use reward points at CGV box office
- Receive your birthday gifts
- Enjoy VIP/VVIP privileges
- Redeem e-offer integrated on the card
- Participate in member-only promotions and events
*Notice: You should present your membership card prior to making payment at box office to record your points.
How to apply for CGV membership?
You can register for CGV membership for free at our website or application. After successfully registered your personal details, please check for our verification email to activate your account, then bring your ID to any CGV Cinemas Guest Service and pick up your card.
Is there an expiration date for CGV membership card?
- CGV VIP/VVIP membership card is valid for 01 year. To remain your status, you must maintain VIP/VVIP membership's total spending each year. This criteria is annually announced at the end of the year.
- CGV U22 card will expire when you are 19 years old.
- There is no expiration date for CGV Member card.
- In case you cannot maintain VIP/VVIP status for the following year, or become overaged for U22 card, your member card will be changed accordingly.
Can I register multiple membership accounts with 01 ID/email/phone number?
Each CGV membership card is entitled to only one owner. Any instance where there are multiple accounts linked to one ID, CGV will not be held responsible for misappropriation of accumulating points and total spending of that account.
If I forget my member card, can I receive reward points?
If you forget your membership card, you may provide our staff with phone number or email to get help saving points. However, you cannot pay with points in this case.
What should I do when I lose my card?
Please go to our cinemas immediately to announce the lost card and receive your replacement card free of charge. Customers are also advised to send a notification email right away to our Customer Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to lock the lost card and retain your total spending and accumulating points. CGV will not be held responsible in the case that the lost card is being mis-used without a notification from the rightful owner. CGV will not be held responsible in the case that the lost card is being mis-used without a notification from the rightful owner.
What if I forget password to log in ?
We can help you create a new password in 3 ways:
- Option 1: Choose to reset password on our website or application.
- Option 2: Send an email to email@example.com with Full name, mobile phone, registered email, date of birth, ID number and membership card number (16 numbers on the back of the card) and request to reset password. CGV will get in touch with you to verify information and renew your password.
- Option 3: Contact 1900 6017 (from 8:00 to 22:00 all everyday) to get support changing your password. We can require for more information to verify your indenity due to security reasons.
*Notice: Please do not create a new account since CGV cannot hold responsible for misappropriation of points and spending due to multiple account complications and in kind. Please check your spam box as well in case you haven’t seen our email in your inbox.
What do I do when I need to change my email address or other personal info?
We can help you change account information in 2 ways:
- Option 1: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Full name, mobile phone, registered email, date of birth, ID number and membership card number (16 numbers on the back of the card) and request to change account information. CGV will get in touch with you to verify information and update your account details.
- Option 2: Contact 1900 6017 (from 8:00 to 22:00 all everyday) to get support changing your account information. We can require for more information to verify your indenity due to security reasons.
*Notice: Account information must be unique. If there is another account with similar details, CGV will crosscheck the information with you and remove the duplicate accounts. Please check your spam box as well in case you haven’t seen our email in your inbox.
Can I use my CGV membership card to purchase Group Sales tickets?
As an exclusive program for members with many benefits, CGV membership card cannot be used in conjunction with other ticket price offers. If you buy a large number of tickets at normal price, this transaction will be accumulated. Please note that there is a 1000-point accumulation cap/per day.
What is membership points (reward points)?
Each time you spend at CGV Cinemas, with all eligible purchases either at box office or online, your spending will be converted to points accordingly:
- At ticket counter: Member, U22, VIP: 5% | VVIP: 10%
- At concession counter: 3%
You should present your membership card prior to making payment atcounter to record your points. When buying tickets online, the membership points are recorded automatically after payment is completed. Please note that you can save points for maximum 5 transactions and 1000 points/day.
How many points can I get for my membership level?
- At ticket counter: Member, U22, VIP: 5% | VVIP: 10%
- At concession counter: 3%"
How do I use my points?
01 point is equivalent to 1.000 VND. With these reward points, you can simply pay for all products and services available at CGV similarly to using cash. Please give your membership card to our staff at box office to complete payment using points, choose to pay with points when booking online.
*Notice: You must use 20 points at minimum for any purchase.
Can I purchase online using points?
Yes. You must use 20 points at minimum, after selecting cinema and showtime, you can choose to pay with points when check out online.
What is the different between rewards points and accumulating points (total spending)?
Reward points are converted from your transactions based on a percentage that can be exchanged for rewards at CGV. Total spending (Accumulating point) is a result of all money spent at CGV within a year, which is used to determine CGV membership status (Member – VIP – VVIP).
What is the expiry date of reward points?
Reward points are valid for 2 years and should be used by the end of the second year calculated from the first point-recorded transaction.
How do I check my points?
Please log into our website or CGV Cinemas application, go to your membership information to check your reward points.
If I pay with my reward points, will this transaction be accumulated?
No, customers can only accumulate points on actual spending. If you choose to pay with both points and cash, you can accumulate points for the cash.
Can I transfer or combine accumulated points or reward points among membership accounts ?
Sorry, we are not allowed to transfer or combine accumulated points or reward points among membership accounts.
Will I lose my reward points when I get promoted to VIP/VVIP?
No, your reward points are still valid for 2 years starting from the first point-recorded transaction.
Can I accumulate spending when I make the transaction with membership points?
Sorry, the spending accumulation is not applied for the transaction which is made with membership points.
In which cases the point accumulation is applied?
Point accumulation is applied for transactions of ticket(s) and F&B product(s) which is made with: Cash, Bank Card, E-wallet, Gift card
In which cases the point accumulation is NOT applied?
• Buy or use voucher(s)
• Buy gift card(s)
• Buy movie ticket(s)/F&B product(s) with PP card (CGVian Card, CJ Membership Card, Premium Card)
• Transactions made with membership points.
Total Spending & Membership Upgrade
What is total spending (point accumulation)?
Total spending (Accumulating point) is a result of all money spent at CGV within a year, which is used to determine CGV membership status (Member – VIP – VVIP). You should present your membership card prior to making payment atcounter to record your points. When buying tickets online, the membership points are recorded automatically after payment is completed.
What is the current promotion within CGV membership program?
CGV bases on customers' total spending within a year (from 1st January to 31st December) to announce membership upgrade policy for the following year, and renew member cards for qualified customers. The announcement is usually published around the end of each year.
Will my total spendings be reset each year?
Yes, your total spending will be reset each year
Why can't I upgrade my membership once my total spending is qualified?
Unfortunately your total spending must qualify our membership upgrade criteria before due date each year. If you have missed last year's deadline, you can keep accumulate spending of this year until the next member upgrade.
*Notice: Membership upgrade policy will change every year according to all customers' spending at CGV.
I’ve received your notification on my new member status (VIP or VVIP), what do I do now?
Simply bring your old membership card to any CGV Cinemas along with your personal ID to renew your card.
If I am CGV U22 Member and meet VIP/VVIP requirements, can I receive benefits of both grades?
Yes, you will be classified as CGV U22 VIP/VVIP member. Please keep the CGV U22 card to receive benefits of both grades. In case you change the U22 card to VIP/VVIP card, you can no longer receive the benefits for U22 member.
What is the expiry date of VIP/VVIP benefits?
VIP & VVIP benefits is valid for one year. Each benefit can be used one time only.
Can I redeem my VIP/VVIP benefits online?
Yes. After selecting showtimes and seat, at payment page, choose Coupon under Discount section, select preferable VIP/VVIP benefits, then finish the booking.
What are CGV birthday gift?
It’s the birthday celebration gift from CGV which is only for our member. Customers will get the different birthday gifts based on their CGV member grade:
1. CGV U22: 01 free CGV Combo (1 Popcorn & 2 Drinks).
* On 23rd birthday, CGV U22 can get 01 free 2D/3D ticket.
2. CGV Member: 01 free CGV Combo (1 Popcorn & 2 Drinks).
3. CGV VIP: 01 free CGV Combo (1 Popcorn & 2 Drinks) + 01 free 2D/3D ticket.
4. CGV VVIP: 01 free CGV Combo (1 Popcorn & 2 Drinks) + 02 free 2D/3D tickets.
When can I redeem my birthday gift from CGV?
You can redeem your birthday gift in your birth month. For example: Your birth month is in March, you can redeem your birthday gift anytime during 1st March and 31st March.
How can I redeem my birthday gift?
1. Only customers have at least 1 transaction within the last 12 months (before birth month) can redeem CGV birthday gift. In case you didn’t have any, you can make additional transaction to receive the benefit 2 days later. However, the date you redeem the birthday gift is still in your birth month.
2. Customers are required to register a membership account at least 72 hours and make at least 1 transaction at least 48 hours before redeeming the benefit.
3. We need to double check your Date of Birth between your ID card with your CGV membership account, so please show your CGV member card and ID card to our staff to redeem your birthday gift.
* If the date of birth in your account is not matched with the one on your ID card or your birthday already passed, you can get the benefit on your next birthday. In order to change your information about date of birth, please contact us at email@example.com.
If there is a mismatch in date of birth between my ID and my CGV account, can I still receive my gifts?
Unfortunately we cannot provide gifts in mismatch of information cases.
How do I book tickets online?
To book tickets online, you must have a CGV account and a Internet-banking enabled card. Please keep in mind that online booking is closed 30 minutes before showtimes and only booking at box office is available.
Please kindly follow these steps to book tickets online:
- Step 1: Log-in to your CGV account on website or app.
- Step 2: Select movie, cinema, showtimes, and seats
- Step 3: Confirm your order and choose to check out with ATM/credit/debit card, your payment will be made via Onepay. Please note that the selected seats will be reserved for you in 5 minutes to finish booking, if no transaction is made after 5 minutes, the reservation is cancelled to ensure equal right of all customers.
- Step 4: After finishing payment for your tickets, the last page will show your booking number and information, you will also receive an email and SMS confirming successful booking.
*Onepay.vn is an Internet-banking portal partnered with CGV and all international cards and bank cards of Onepay's partners are accepted.
How can I get the tickets after finishing booking online?
When the transaction goes through, you will receive your booking number confirmation via email and SMS. Simply show this code to cinema staff to get your tickets printed and enter the theatre.
Can I book the tickets via CGV Hotline 1900 6017?
Unfortunately CGV currently does not support phone booking.
Can we get a refund for unused ticket?
Unfortunately we cannot refund or change bought ticket information.
My bank account is deducted but I haven't received booking number confirmation, what should I do?
In this case, please contact CGV Hotline 1900 6017 (8:00 to 22:00 everyday) or send email to us via firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
After verifying unsuccessful transaction, your bank account will be refunded accordingly:
1. ATM: within 10 - 15 days working days
2. VISA/MasterCard: 30 to 45 working days
. Vietcombank ATM: within 48 hours (on working days)
*Note: This schedule excludes weekends and Public Holidays.